one thing i love about halifax is that almost every day feels nostalgic. Imagine a place where every day feels like a wonderful day you've once lived, read in a book, or seen in a movie.
That is my life.
but even though things are fab, lately I have been nostalgic for toronto a little bit. (only a little)
here is a list of things I miss about toronto, and even oakville (other than my beautiful friends) which i have been feeling nostalgic about:
1. $2 jet fuel soy mochas
2. I know this is friend-related, but we don't talk any more so i feel like it is relevant: I miss leo. the "end" of that friendship was so weird.
3. bike riding everywhere. soon i will do that here though.
4. Kensington market. sunny afternoons at the hot box cafe...
5. 24 hour transit, even though i know ttc is on strike now.
6. celebrity sightings
7. smoking a little joint to myself after a long day of work on my lovely (former) patio.
8. $3 wine on ann's patio
9. I actually just loved all of last summer at ann's house, even though it wasn't super exciting. it was just nice, and sunny, and full of love and a non-judgemental family.
11. skipping stones at the park
12. daytime drinking with fiona (i know...i said no friend stuff...)
13. having that half hour a day to myself to walk dottie and smoke a j and think about life.
14. fresh squeezed carrot/beet/apple juice from booster juice
this summer i am excited to rise to the challenge of having the best summer ever. I wish lindsay and ben could be here, but they will be busy having the best summer's ever in their respected destinations.
summer love fun list coming soon.
also, cribs, featuring my house.