Tuesday, November 20, 2007

RANT OF THE DAY.

So today I was at work, as per usual during the monday-friday, 9-5 time frame, and I was asked by my boss Julia if I could walk across the street to another one of the buildings in designers walk to deliver a package.

I figure, why not? My god-damned wisdom teeth were kicking my ass today so I thought a little fresh air might be exactly what I needed.

Anyways, that's not the point, just the build-up. The point of the story is, I leave my building to walk over across to the neighboring design firm, and what do I see?

A car idling in a no parking zone.

This is not fine, however I normally would not have thought twice about it. Except for the catch.
which i will get to.

so anyways, I go in, do my thing, and a few minutes later I exit to head back to work, and what do I see?

THE SAME CAR IDLING.

here is the catch:

It is not just any random car with any random person.

IT WAS A FUCKING UPPER CLASS 50-SOMETHING MAN, IN A SUIT, WITH THE WINDOW DOWN, IDLING A FUCKING SMART CAR!!!!!!

I'M SORRY. BUT THIS IS BASICALLY EVERYTHING I HATE IN A PERSON.

First of all, if you're not all into the eco-friendly thing DON'T GET A FUCKING SMART CAR.(lets be honest, us new-age hippies are the primary followers of this lifestyle because we are the ones about to have children and need to be aware of how the environment may or may not be when they become our age. We are the ones, and our future families are the ones, who will left to deal with a shitty earth and shitty climate and shitty illnesses. but whatever, back to the rant)

If you are choosing to drive a fucking hummer, eat GMO'd food, support unethical practices WHATEVER, that is your choice.

BUT DON'T BUY A FUCKING SMART CAR IMPLYING THAT YOU ARE CONSCIOUSLY TRYING TO ABIDE TO A CERTAIN LIFESTYLE AND THEN SIT IN YOUR FUCKING EXPENSIVE SUIT IDLING IT IN A NO PARKING ZONE IN FUCKING YORKVILLE.

FUCK THAT GUY.

All I wanted to say (because the idiot had his fucking window down) was "DO YOU NOT SEE THE FUCKING IRONY IN WHAT YOU ARE DOING?? GO DRINK SOME FUCKING BLEACH, RETARD."

honestly, i almost had a fucking panic attack just because of this guy. He just looked so smug and arrogant.
UGHBIJSGN.

on a completely unrelated note, Jeanie Becker came into my work today and apparently her interior design tastes involve children's appliqued nursery-rhyme themed curtains in her kitchen, fringe on EVERYTHING, and everything being "JUST FAAAABULOUS!!!!"

just saying...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

calgary would make your head explode.
people here actually dont believe in global warming. ive always heard those people exsisted but ive never met them! they are fucked up.
also there is a huge farmers market here that everyone thinks is so great. zane and i went and were appalled to realize that NONE of the produce was local. its the same fucking shit you buy in the grocery store that comes from mexico and california! aaaarrrggh! wtf?
and when we tell people that halifax's farmers market is the shit, because its ONLY LOCAL goods, they kind of look at us like we have 3 heads.
"local goods? what on earth do you mean?"

i am living in the texas of canada.

robinacraftmoney said...

holy shit. i will save you.
i must!

Anonymous said...

are smart cars hybrids? would it be ok to idle it if it was? i don't know anything about cars.

Sarah said...

wow!
that's almost car-bomb worthy!